Piggy Bank Knitting
Today we’re talking about knitting on a budget. Many of us are struggling to keep our households together and many are doing so on a shoestring. This discussion we’ll devote to sharing suggestions and tips for those who have make the most of their knitting 🙂
Questions for #knitchat are here:
Q1) What is your favorite strategy for knitting on a budget? Any incentives you give yourself?
Q2) Have you recycled yarn from other projects or store-bought sweaters? Lessons learned? Tips?
Q3) Any ideas or suggestions for buying yarn on a budget? Places you go?
DETAILS… DETAILS… If you want to know more about what #knitchat is and how it works
- Where: Twitter (follow the #knitchat hashtag)
- When: Thursdays on the date listed above at 6:30 PM PST/9:30 PM EST (1 hour)
- Who: Me you and other Twitter Knitters/Crocheters & Fiber-crafters
- How: Need a primer on Twitter Chat… check this out: What does this Twitter chat thing look like?
- How: to post photos – 5 ways to share photos on Twitter
- How: to shorten your links. Simply paste your link into the field in http://bit.ly/ and shorten it. Copy and paste this link into the twitter feed.
Quick cowls make great holiday gifts
Need to make Holiday gifts and fast?
Or are you knitting for your several members of your family? Here’s a lovely Christmas gift that is both simple but stylish and elegant, but best of all this project is FAST! Natalie Laderas will teach this Saturday class at 10:30 on November 12 and a 2nd class on December 3. This special offer class is offered at a fee of $15 which includes the pattern. If you purchase your yarn and supplies at the Naked Sheep Knit Shop (North Portland, 2142 N. Killingsworth, 503-283-2004) the class is free! Skills featured in this class are using provisional cast on & kitchner stitch.
Sign up soon as class space is limited.
- 2 skeins Paloma any color (150 yds any extra bulky or polar weight yarn)
- 1 size 15 US circular needles 16” or size 15 US straight needles
- 2 skeins Di’Ve Autunno any color (180 yards bulky weight yarn)
- 1 size 11 US circular needles 16” or size 15 US straight needles
All projects require:
- Waste yarn
- Large darning needle
- Cable needle (DPN in the appropriate size will work too)
I will bring crochet hooks for those who do not have them.
You must be able to cast on, knit and purl. You must also be able to make a crochet chain.