This next #knitchat we will have a very special guest moderating: Donna Druchunas of Artic Lace fame. Donna a knit designer and author of some pretty fascinating books about knitting and specifically lace including Arctic Lace and Successful Lace Knitting: Celebrating the Work of Dorothy Reade. What I love about her books and explorations is she delves into the origins of patterns and techniques. In the Dorothy Reade book she took a close look at an inspiring past leader in the lace knitting community who investigated and shared what she learned about the ethnic lace.
Donna is going to hold a Question and Answer session during 8/18’s #knitchat. Come to the chat prepared with a question or two about lace and lace knitting. Donna will share her expertise with us, the #knitchat community. Are you excited to learn more about knitting lace? I am especially if Donna is teaching.
You can follow Donna on twitter as: @Druchunas
You can visit and read her riveting blog Sheep to Shawl
DETAILS… DETAILS… If you want to know more about what #knitchat is and how it works
- Where: Twitter (follow the #knitchat hashtag)
- When: Thursdays on the date listed above at 6:30 PM PST/9:30 PM EST (1 hour)
- Who: Me you and other Twitter Knitters/Crocheters & Fiber-crafters
- How: Need a primer on Twitter Chat… check this out: What does this Twitter chat thing look like?
- How: to post photos – 5 ways to share photos on Twitter
- How: to shorten your links. Simply paste your link into the field in http://bit.ly/ and shorten it. Copy and paste this link into the twitter feed.