Thought I would help the Sock Summiteers out and provide a mini guide to Portland. I suppose this guide can be used any other time. If I have time later today I’ll post a mini tour to South East & Happy Knits. All of these tours will be for those taking public transit. You can use the links and addresses provided to program your GPS or locate driving routes on your phones 🙂
Mini Trek Downtown from the Oregon Convention Center
- From the Convention Center stop take the MAX Red/Blue lines headed for Hillsboro. Stop & get off at Pioneer Square (see map). Actually use that map to guide you.
- From Pioneer Square walk to the foodcarts on 10th & Alder. Pioneer Square is on 6th & Ziba’s Pitas, Whole Bowl, and others are good choices at this cart area.
- From the foodcarts on 9th & 10th & Alder walk up Alder to Knit Purl on Alder & 11th
- From Knit Purl walk to the Button Emporium on 10th & Taylor
- Going back to the Convention Center: From Pioneer Square take the MAX Red/Blue lines to the Convention Center stop.