Lately I’ve had pretty good luck with projects I’ve tried to knit, but I’ve been thinking that I need to get out of my comfort zone by picking up more challenging knitting projects. Though I fully realize that I can never solve all of my knitting problems on my own. I need help. Last week I had one of these “Help me” moments when I was trying to knit the fingers on my Sackboy doll. I resorted to looking for forum threads on Ravelry on the pattern, and low and behold, I discovered that others were having similar problems knitting the fingers. I was quickly able to find a solution in the forum posts on this thread. Thank goodness for social networks and knitters that populate them!
Also, I’m fortunate enough to have a very friendly knit shop in my neighborhood with a community of very experienced knitters who are often willing to help me problem solve. This #knitchat we’re going to talk about problem projects and the avenues for getting help. In this chat feel free to chime in with your advice or even words of support. Sometimes challenging projects can be quite frustrating. I’m only going to post two questions for tonight because I’m thinking that we will not run out of things to say when it comes to our problem projects. Can’t wait to see you there!
Knitchat Questions for 4/14/11
Q1) How do you normally get help for problem knitting projects? Where would you like to seek help?
Q2) Do you have a problem project right now? Have you had one in the past? Tell us all about it.
DETAILS… DETAILS… If you want to know more about what #knitchat is
- Where: Twitter (follow the #knitchat hashtag)
- When: Thursdays on the date listed above at 6:30 PM PST/9:30 PM EST (1 hour)
- Who: Me you and other Twitter Knitters/Crocheters & Fiber-crafters
- How: Need a primer on Twitter Chat… check this out: What does this Twitter chat thing look like?
- How: to post photos – 5 ways to share photos on Twitter
- How: to shorten your links. Simply paste your link into the field in http://bit.ly/ and shorten it. Copy and paste this link into the twitter feed.