Update: note we had just a small number of people chime in last week and this topic can always generate chatter. So I’m suggesting that we go ahead and continue the discussion on stash organization. Also, due to my schedule I have to bump up the time 1 1/2 hours because of a class I’m taking. So the time for knitchat is 6:30 PST & 9:30 EST. Hope this is okay with everyone 🙂
I did finally admit that I have too much… no, I should instead say, “enough yarn” in the last podcast Episode 19.
I’ve catalogued my stash as best as I could, but I’ve only just begun to plan around it. During this knitchat let’s share suggestions for organizing our stash as well as stash management and perhaps even the dreaded ‘stash cull.’
So what do you do or plan to do?
- Bins or baskets?
- Labels, spreadsheets or three ring binders with yarn info?
- Organize by color or by weight?
Just a few things to think about before Thursday’s discussion.
QUESTIONS for #knitchat
Introductions – Who are you? Ravelry name (if any), Blog or site? Where are you from?
Q1) What are your goals for stash management? (If you want to share. How much do you think you have?)
Q2) What sort of tools do you currently or want to use to maintain your stash?
Q3) What ways do you want to organize your stash? By color, weight, favorites first?
- Where: Twitter (follow the #knitchat hashtag)
- When: January 13th. 6:30 PM PST/9:30 PM EST (1 hour)
- Who: Me you and other Twitter Knitters/Crocheters & Fibercrafters
- How: Need a primer on Twitter Chat… check this out: What does this Twitter chat thing look like?