Okay, I’m going to keep a score card of things I’m knitting from my stash. I have to admit… I need to focus on using what I have. The first step to dealing with any addiction is admitting that you have a problem. I just knew that I had to stop when I found myself engaging in the behavior of buying plastic tubs on a regular basis. To be honest, I only started thinking about this because a current project necessitated me looking for a long lost (perhaps even mythical) cone of Artfibers yarn leftover from a sweater I knitted last year. I realized I had way too much stash when I literally couldn’t sort through what I had to find the damn cone of pink and purple yarn.
I’ve decided that I’m going to keep a score card of all things knitted from the stash. For many people keeping lists is what separates them from devolving into mindless and chaotic animals. Since I’ve been a rather lame blogger as of late. I’ll just return back to this post to relate my progress or not post to share my lack of. I could research some fancy knitting widget or plug in, but… screw it. I’m just going to do things the old fashioned way… bullet by bullet. Besides I know myself well enough to understand that if the list gets too long or complex I’ll just run away screaming. Sorry, I probably let you into my psyche a little too much there.
- Tam from Silky Wool (3/4 skein teal green)
- Fossil Crocheted Neckwarmer (from Kim Werker’s Crocheted Gifts) – 100% in Di’Ve Autunno 3 balls
- Fossil Neckwarmer in Elsbeth Lavold Silky Flamme 2.5 balls
- Baroness Beret – 1.5 skeins Elsbeth Lavold Angora
- Exfoilating Washrag (crocheted) – .5 skeins of Fibranatura Flax
Started (includes percentage complete:
- Branching Out Scarf from SIlky Wool (1 & 1/4 skein teal green) – 40%
- Black Cavern Cardigan from Panda Bamboo (10 skeins of black) – 90%
- Crocheted Market Bag – 1.5 skeins of Fibra Natura Flax
- Tunisian Crocheted Scarf – Universal Poems 3 skeins
<<<<Crap, my list isn’t very long… need to work on this>>>>
UFO (previously discarded unfinished objects) recently picked up:
- Lace Top from 5-6 balls of Knitpicks Palette (From Scottish Highland Knits) 75%
- Dr. Who Scarf out of 18-20 balls of Elann Peruvian Highland Wool(commissioned by a friend) 70% This thing is supposed to be 27 feet long… yeah right… I’m stopping at 20.
- Kilamajaro Sweater (in Cascade Pastaza): 45%