Amigurumi, if you are not familiar with the term, are cute little crocheted animals. I am teaching a class over at the Naked Sheep Knitshop in North Portland. Tuesdays ( March 10, 17, and 24) 6:30-8:30pm
During this three session class you will learn how to make an amigurumi critter from start to finish. The course fee is $55.00
The necessary crochet stitches.
- How to read a crochet pattern for amigurumi.
- How to choose the correct thread and materials.
- The basics of amigurumi crochet construction.
- Construction or putting your animal together.
- How to design your own animals and creatures (I’m including a cool, reproducible worksheet that you can use to design your own special little critters)
There is a five dollar fee that covers the worksheets, patterns, construction supplies, and some of the decorations and notions you can use to decorate your animals. If you are a beginning crocheter that’s okay too.Don’t feel shy. I can start you off with some basic crochet stitches. This should be a super fun class and a great way to get started learning crochet.
You can sign up for the course via phone (503-283-2004) or in person at the Naked Sheep. For more information and contact info check out their site. They are located at: 2142 North Killingsworth Portland, OR 97217 For their current class schedule: http://www.thenakedsheepknitshop.com/class_sched.htm
Thanks a million, Natalie.
PS: I forgot to mention that if you register for this class or any class at the Naked Sheep you get a 10% discount on materials/yarn 1 week before and during the class. Also, this is a wonderful place to just learn crochet or knitting and hang out with people who love the craft.