As promised here are the colors I am using for the Season 15 Dr. Who Scarf made famous by Tom Baker. I used Elann’s Peruvian Highland Wool because of the rich range of colors and the cost. It’s got to be the best price for the range of colors in a 100% wool yarn I’ve seen so far. I chose to use predominantly heathered yarn because I like the rustic effect vs. the well defined look. Note: I did reduce the width to about 38 stitches across. 70 -90 stitches seemed way too large and cumbersome.
I’ve matched the colors listen on the scarf pattern page. I started with 2 skeins of each color.
- Medium Purple – 0743 Grape Heather
- Light/Medium Gray– 0401 Light Grey Heather
- Very Dark Olive Green –Wasn’t really into using a dark colored olive… so I chose “Herb” as a substitute, which is currently out of stock… though you could probably get away with using 0651 Forest Glade Heather or 2308 Cedar
- Medium Brown –0208 Malt Heather
- Medium/Dark Red – 0727 Spiced Wine
- Dark Yellow – 1150 Butterscotch
- Light Tan/Beige – 282 Oatmeal Heather